We gain notable insights while we employ reading as part and parcel of our lives. We get free mentorship and counsel from remarkable authors around the whole world that we can never meet or interact with to get the actual knowledge. Reading has been over time proven to be essential to our day to day lives and has a very essential role in aiding in memory, intelligence, vocabulary, creativity, concentration, elevating mood, challenges perspective, provide insights, educates, encourage, assist in mental well being and assist in writing.
We don’t understand the importance of reading until we start. We might be so entrenched in our everyday life such as working and arriving home late. You have to have a plan on what time is favorable for you to read depending on your availability, concentration and the venue. Do also have a partner that you will be accountable to every day and encourage you (Reading buddy).
At this age and era, you should not miss reading the following books. They are crucial for guiding, motivating, advising, encouraging you, and they will assist you to see things differently. Some of them are still in my reading list but from reviews from different places, I can tell they are important for life.
I will categorize them into two;-
- Investment books.
According to Investopedia, Investment refers to an asset or item acquired with the aim of gaining more income or appreciation of the asset. Economically, Investment is purchasing of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth. Financially, it refers to monetary asset purchased to provide income in the future or sold at a higher price, therefore more profits. There are various types of investments that are used despite their advantages and disadvantages such as Gold, Stock Market, Bonds, Real estate, Mutual Funds, CDs, and Cash equivalents.
The following are books that will enlighten you on where to invest, how to invest and the mistakes you have been making in all along in your journey of saving and investing.
- a. Rich dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki.
- Invested by Daniel Town/ Phil Town
- The Essays of Warren Buffett
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Money Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom by Tony Robbins
- Awaken the giant within- Anthony Robbins
- Winning the loser’s game by Charles D. Ellis
- Secrets of Millionaire Mind- T. Harv Eker
- Millionaire Expat: How to build wealth living overseas by Andrew Hallam
- The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
- Motivation/ Encouragement/ Learning/ Self –Development
Motivation is an internal process. Whether defined as a drive or a need; motivation is a condition inside of us that desires a change, either in the self or the environment. When we tap into this well of energy, motivation endows the person with the drive and direction needed to engage with the environment in an adaptive, open-ended, and problem-solving sort of way (Reeve, 2018). People get motivation from diverse and different sources such as the desire for money, success, wealth, recognition, job satisfaction and in life experiences.
The books below can help boost your confidence, encourage, teach, guide, and change your beliefs and your own way of thinking.
- The Secret- Rhonda Byrne
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
- Who moved my cheese by Spencer Johnson M.D.
- The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams and Reaching Your Destiny- Robin Sharma
- Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- How to Talk to Anyone 92 Little Tricks For Big Success in Relationships by Leil Lowndes
- How to win friends and influence people by Daniel Cage.
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale.
- The 5 AM Club by Robin Sharma
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- The 4-Hour Work Week
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck by Mark Manson
Click this link to get the above books on Amazon.
From the books on top; you can learn very new ideas, thoughts, change of behavior and more wisdom. Learn to take time and read something. Know a little about a lot, it will save your life.